A random post inspired by – ‘trippingthroughtreacle’ … Here goes …
Four places I’ve lived:
- Leigh–on–Sea (really Southend), Essex
- South Kensington (& Chelsea & Putney), London – I know that’s cheating, but it was all while I was at studying
- Leicester (& Peterborough) – yet more cheating !
- Bristol – Apparently, a city & a county (never knew that, I thought it was in Avon)
Four places I’ve worked:
- GEC Research labs.
- Haiste Consulting Engineers
- UK Ministry of Defence
- Crown Packaging UK plc.
Four favourite hobbies:
- Attending Festivals in order of preference and surprisingly timing during the year (Jazz, Science, Music & Literature)
- Exercise (yoga, gym & assisted exercise bike)
- Visiting the countryside
Four things I like to watch:
- Lucifer (Amazon/Fox)
- Mock the Week
- Sport – particularly tennis & athletics
Four things I like to read:
- Lots of different books (both fiction and non-fiction)
- Prospect magazine
- Facebook posts
- Other people’s blogs
Four places I have been:
- Québec, Canada
- Sydney, Australia
- Berlin, Germany (+ lots of other cities too)
- Copenhagen, Denmark
Four things I love to eat:
- Chocolate (preferably dark)
- Pasta & noodles
- Fruit and vegetables
- Indian, Asian & Persian food (OK, any good home-cooked food)
Four favourite things to drink:
- Fruit juices (any fruit)
Four places I want to visit:
Four bloggers I’d like to tag:
- em from think in decimals
- Mark from One Man and his Catheters
- emaweston from aheartbreakingmsblogofstaggeringgenius
- Hannah from stickmancommunications
I did mention that I was notoriously bad at keeping a regular diary (or blog for that matter) didn’t I? Particularly when there’s lots going on and one should really be having lots of inspiration for keeping a record somewhere – Well, at least I’ve proved my point. Voila, my ‘lovely’ computer blog records that I’ve not posted anything for 5 months and we’re now coming to the end of the first quarter of 2016! However, so much has been going on, good and bad, methinks a flurry of retrospective blog posts is in order.
Unlike most of the blogs that I’ve read, I really don’t have that much to say today. However, I have to start somewhere so here goes!
I know I should really have posted something at the weekend (Sunday), particularly as my parents were here to stay (from France), it was my aunt’s 80th birthday celebration with members of my father’s family that I haven’t seen for over 20+ years / ever and we all went out for a special (i.e. expensive and not terribly good) lunch. Unfortunately though, I haven’t been feeling terribly good lately and the day ended with me being unable to climb our stairs (I won’t admit how Kevin and I managed it) and all I wanted to do was go to bed and wake up feeling much better! Result: no energy or enthusiasm to do my first post.
However, over the past few days things have started to return to normal (at least my normal) and now – Wednesday everything has been pretty much as expected really:
- I woke up at about 8.00 a.m., took my various medications and then read for a few hours, whilst my limbs gradually relaxed.
- I went to the gym to do basic yoga (whilst Kevin helped me / did some complex origami with my limbs!)
- We went shopping for food.
- I climbed the stairs and walked to my office using my 4-wheel rollater – PROGRESS!
- Then I just did my usual admin. activities – checked e-mail, Twitter, Facebook & spoke to the Occupational Therapist on the phone.
- Ate lots of fruit and a lovely dinner (courtesy of top chef Kevin).
- Did a good spell of ‘Brain Training’ and now I’m off to bed for final exercises and a well earned rest.
OK, I know this post is boring – but at least I’ve started! My next one will be much better / more interesting. Goodnight.